- 1 bag cranberries
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, scant
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 naval orange, for zesting
- 1Tbsp. Grand Marnier, scant (optional)
- Pick over cranberries, looking to remove any cranberries that may be soft or rotten. Wash cranberries by submerging and lifting in a bowl of water, drain in a strainer.
- Place the orange juice, sugar and water in a wide mouth pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes to reduce. Add the cranberries, dried cranberries, and zest from 1 whole orange. Simmer uncovered for 8 - 10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add the Grand Marnier.
- Note: If the relish is too thick, add a small amount of boiling water.
- If you like the relish sweeter you can add an additional 2 tablespoons sugar. You could add the extra sugar by placing it in a small sauce pan with a equal parts of water and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Then add this to the relish.
- You can prepare cranberry relish up to 5 days in advance.
© Karen Lee