I love to place Grape Tomatoes Topping over Ravino Ravioli. It is more of a topping than a sauce. This recipe makes enough for two portions as a side dish.
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sliced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in circles, preferably Del Cabo brand
- Boiling water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 pieces of ravioli, preferably Ravino
- ½ cup or more freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chiffonade of parsley
- Heat an 8-inch skillet for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add two tablespoons olive oil and then the garlic. Turn the heat to low. Sauté about 2 minutes or until the garlic has just begun to take on a little color.
- Add ¼ teaspoon salt, oregano, black pepper and cayenne. Sauté 1 more minute, but do not allow the garlic to get too dark.
- Add the grape tomatoes and simmer about 10 minutes or until they have softened. In order to keep the round shape of the tomato slices, stir no more than 2 times.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring one quart of water to a rolling boil. Add ½ teaspoon of salt. Add the ravioli to the boiling salted water.
- After the ravioli has come to a boil, set the timer for 4 minutes. Stir once. Remove with a wire strainer or slotted spoon.
- Place ravioli on two dishes. Spoon Grape Tomato Topping over ravioli. Drizzle with the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley.